Tuesday, March 18, 2003

After a brief hiatus, Laboville goes political.

The following is a letter drafted by someone connected to the campaign of Howard Dean, who is running for President (actually, right now, he's running for the Democratic nomination, but hopefully, he'll be running for President soon enough...). I would take the time to write something myself, but I don't have time today, and I think it's important to get the message out. Anyway, I've contributed to Dean's campaign, and hope you will too.

I’m writing all my friends on my email list because there is something that is very important to me personally and should be important to the country. Howard Dean is the only candidate running for President who says what he thinks, and acts on what he says. I think he’s dead on, and he’s the only candidate making sense about foreign policy, health care, and fiscal responsibility. I also think he can win. If you don’t know about him, visit his website (www.deanforamerica.com), read his speeches, and call me if you want to talk about it.

I want you to get involved and contribute to his campaign. He doesn’t have the deep pockets of most of the other candidates, but I believe he will make the best president—and I don’t want money to decide who leads this country.

Even if this is the first time you have heard of him, or if you are unsure about your support, your donation at this time will allow his voice to be heard. Please help me and others take the big money out of politics. Please contribute whatever you can--$10.01 to $1000.01 (a penny for the internet)--and pass it on to your friends who might be interested. Every dollar you give up to $250 will be matched (this is only true if you tell the campaign your employer and occupation). Feel free to modify this letter. Do it now! March 31 is the big FEC deadline, and we are running out of time to show the power of early netroots support.

Contribute here (DeanforAmerica.com)

I feel so strongly about this that I’ve decided to take the time to ask for money for the campaign, and I hope you will also take the time to make a contribution. I’m convinced that if we do this, Howard will never let us down.

Thanks for considering this.

PS: If you want to get more involved, visit Howard Dean's Call To Action blog here.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home