Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Laboville enters the terrible twos!

Yes, it's true -- Now Entering Laboville has been online for 2 years! I would like to take this opportunity to thank my regular readers (both known and unknown) for taking this endeavor seriously enough to read it, think about it and in some cases, to respond to the points that I have raised or arguments that I have floated. I haven't always agreed with your points of view, but I have valued them all the same.

Blogging is not something that one does for either glory or profit. Even so, I do it because it is important, in these times, that we maintain what Howard Dean called "The Great American Conversation". The reality of the modern world is that we no longer gather on the village green, or in the great halls in town, to discuss and be challenged by the ideas of our day; those conversations have moved online, and are now carried on by the bloggers and their readers. And so while I may occupy but a small soapbox, it is the only soapbox I've got, and I thank all of you for helping me make the most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home