Monday, July 22, 2002

In case anyone is out there actually reading my posts, I thought the following email that I got from a family member who does read this blog might be of interest:

Dear Dan,
More on the topics of enemy combatants. This page links to an article in the Weekly Standard by David Tell. He basically defends the administration's actions and favorably compares it to Roosevelt's. I assume the reference is to ex parte Quirin. I had not heard before that executions had taken place before any public notification of anyone that they would occur.
Tell claims, opposite to what I had believed and asserted, that 'enemy combatant' designations can be challenged in court, i.e. that the government's power to make such designation is not as unchecked as I had thought.

However, a commentator, Habeus Corpussel, vehemently disputes Tell's claims and holds that the administration is way over the line, especially in the Jose Padilla case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home