Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Surviving the Strike


Well, day 1 of the NYC Transit Strike is history, and I have to say, it wasn't so bad. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say, getting where I needed to go was downright easy.

Sam and I walked two blocks from our house to the garage where we keep our car. From there, it was an easy seven-minute drive, with no traffic to speak of, to a parking lot down the street from Sam's school. Expecting the worst, we had left an hour early; lo and behold, we arrived at school almost exactly an hour early, which just meant I got to spend an extra hour playing with Sam. What a hardship. (And what's more, coming home was a breeze as well -- in fact, it was so good, I got a parking space right in front of the house, so tomorrow should be even easier!)

It'd be expensive to keep doing this all the time, and so for that reason (among others), I hope the strike ends soon, but man-oh-man, a guy could get used to a life like this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home